Monday, January 28, 2013

A Girl's Guide to a Relaxing Evening.

Every once in a while, we all deserve a night spent pampering ourselves in every aspect. And in today's post I'm going to share how exactly I go about one of these relaxing evenings!

1. Dip My Feet in a Minty Soak
Not only does peppermint relieve aches and pains, but it also clears sinuses and smells delightfully refreshing. The Body Shop's Peppermint Reviving Foot Soak leaves  your feet soft and fresh.


2. Brush and Pumice the Feet.
While my feet are soaking in the previous product, I use my Burt's Bees Double-Sided Brush and Pumice Stone, a product sold exclusively in a gift basket I purchased. I slough away dead skin cells by means of the pumice stone and clean my feet thoroughly with the brush side.
3. Moisturize Your Lips.
I like to pamper my entire body, including my lips. As my feet soak, I'll apply a bit of The Body Shop's Mango Lip Butter for supremely smooth lips.

4. Nourish Skin with a Masque
The harsh drop in temperature during winter takes a toll on my skin in more ways the one. To keep my skin flake-free and supple, I use a mask meant to hydrate. I've been a fan of Elizabeth Arden's Hydrating Mask, but I've also been recently enjoying the texture of H20's Hydrating Marine Moisture Mask.



5. Hydrate Your Body.
At this point, my feet are out of the soak and I apply a thick layer of a hydrating cream. Not only does Burt's Bees Cranberry & Pomegranate Body Butter smell divine, it also conditions like a dream. Immediately after applying a generous layer, I hide my feet in a pair of fuzzy socks for the most moisture.


6. Wash off Masque - Remove Socks - Paint Nails
Next, I rinse off the facial masque and remove my fuzzy socks so that I may paint my toenails. Recently I've taken a hankering to Essie's Absolutely Shore, as its  muted sea foam green transports me to the calm beaches I see so often in the summer.

7. Surround Yourself With Stress-Relief.
My last step is to lightly mist my bed with Bath & Body Works' Eucalyptus Spearmint Soothing Pillow Mist. The  revitalizing scent puts you in a relaxing mood.  As I inhale the stress-relieving aroma, I'm usually writing, reading, or challenging my high scores in Subway Surfer on my Kindle Fire. (The most addicting game ever invented.)


XOXO,
GABBY





No comments: