Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Burt's Bees Lemon Poppy Seed Facial Cleanser.

So recently, my skin and I got into this everlasting quarrel. Since the beginning of my competitive swimming break (a.k.a no chlorine drying my face), my skin decided to frequently gift me with a few very noticeable pimples at a time. Just this week, I finally ended the blemish epidemic before a school dance. However, my skin fought back. 
"Gabby, enjoy patches of uncomfortable dry flakiness!"
Oh, how I love my skin..
To whip my skin back in healthy, normal shape, I tried moisturizer after hydrating facial mask after serum, only to be left with an equal amount of flakes.
Then, it dawned on me. I had my Burt's Bees Lemon Poppy Seed Facial Cleanser. This creamy citrus cleanser has a reputation for causing breakouts. I was one of the customers that experienced this, so I discontinued use.
However, with such dry skin, I figured that a cream like this would mend my skin and nourish it back to a soft state.
The packaging, along with the smell, is one of my favorite things about this 'cleanser'. The glass jar gives off an apothecary vibe and makes you feel 100x fancier. The cleanser itself is a beautiful daisy yellow with hints of useless, but attractive blueberry seeds.

To use, I apply this cleansing cream to generously especially dry areas only when I need to. After a few minutes, I rinse the cream off, and am left with a light moisturizing residue.

The texture is a work of art.

While I would never suggest applying this to your entire face (especially teenagers and the acne-prone!), I find this cleanser makes a fabulous spot hydrating treatment for those times when you're skin is supremely flaky and dry. 

You could say this stuff is like a spot moisturizing treatment!


XOXO,
Gabby


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's not blueberry seeds in there... it's poppy seeds... next time read the jar, it tells you what the cleanser is made of