Sunday, June 3, 2012

J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve

I am rather picky when it comes to what I rub into my cuticles. Mine have been conditioned with all sorts of cuticle balms, whether its Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (Currently my #1) or Dior's Creme Abricot. Unfortunately, these 99.5% natural  salves didn't please me one bit. 

This set in particular came with two miniature versions in Lavender and Lemon. And this is exactly where the product went downhill. 

When you say put the words 'lemon' and 'cuticle' in the name of an item, I immediatly imagine Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, a pure and uplifting conditioning cream scented solely with Lemon Peel Oil. Yes, J.R. Watkins includes this 100% natural oil in their product, but they keep secret another infusion: eucalyptus. Lemon eucalyptus or lavender eucalyptus still is a delightful scent, but I was expecting a full-on tart lemon drop type of aroma, you know?

The false advertising issue was the least of my problems with this cuticle product. It was the formula that really led me to loathe this. From the first touch, this salve melts down into a viscous liquid. This product is meant for use on cuticles as well a cuticles. I do not know about you, but I'm not one to enjoy applying oils to my hands. Aside from the texture, the ingredients list is pretty lacking. It consists of beeswax and a few oils. Very meh.


"Canola oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, beeswax, Citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, tocopheryl acetate, Ormenis multicaulis oil, Eucalyptus globulus leaf oil"


Overall, I'll definitely be staying with my Burt's Bees.

XOXO,
Gabby

No comments: