Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bath Junkie Body Dessert Shea Butter Allover Conditioner

Body Dessert.

The name makes me want to eat my hydrated self.

And its smell only increases my cravings...

At Bath Junkie, its believed that the beauty product-obsessed, shouldn't be searching for a cure, but rather a new lotion.

Walking into a Bath Junkie is like being a kid in a candy store. To the left, pounds of body lotions, sprays, conditioners, and scrubs are shelved to the ceiling. To the right, an entire wall stuffed with over 80 different fragrance oils to choose from. 

The whole Bath Junkie process is pretty simple.

1. You pick your product (I chose Body Dessert)

2. Sniff the fragrances that appeal to you and choose a mixture you like. There is usually a book with recipes like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. You tell one of the employees the product, your scent combo (choose up to 3 oils), and your color.

3. Stand in awe and watch as an employee mixes up your customized concoction.

For the record, I chose the combination of Pink Grapefruit and Vanilla, along with the color Pink to go along with the grapefruit.



The whole experience is magical if you get to sniff the fragrances, but you can order online if you wish. 
www.bathjunkie.com

Now let's talk about the product itself, shall we?

The Body Dessert is in fact a spray-on body hydrator, infused with skin-loving goodies such as coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter and lacking parabens.

In all honesty, I have been steering clear of the lesser natural products, so at this time, I am not using this product. (I purchased this in May over Spring Break). I can't pronounce polyethylene without thinking deeply about it syllable by syllable - I don't have an interest in using it.

All in all, Bath Junkie had an ingenious idea but the Body Dessert was not my favorite of the collection. It didn't exactly hydrate as well as claimed, it left a greasy and challenging to rub in film, and my spray nozzle was no longer usable after about a day!

I have to admit, however, that Bath Junkie can stir up pretty amazing names. Aloe-lu-yah? Olive-me? I'm in name heaven.

Rating: C+
Price: $19.25


XOXO,
Gabby

No comments: