Sunday, June 10, 2012

Trader Joe's Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer

Who would've guessed a store carrying delicious foods would also be experts when it comes to skincare? 

Certainly not moi.

After testing an edible sample, I caught a glimpse of this facial moisturizer. With a price tag of $5.99 and my need for a little extra hydration, it was bound to be mine.

Now, here I am, a little more than 24 hours later, 101% satisfied with my little purchase.

Not only does this hydrator feature an abundance of natural soothing ingredients, but it's paraben-free and 2 oz larger than your average moisturizer.

Before Trader Joe's, I was under the spell of Neutrogena's Sensitive Skin Oil-Free Moisturizer, which in addition to containing parabens, was 4 oz for $10!

One pump of this dreamy concoction is infused with pomegranate extract, green tea Extract, shea butter, aloe, and more, which ultimately results in a smoother and more hydrated complexion.

Sensitive skin? No need to fear! The contents of this moisturizer are perfect for anyone, from acne-prone to very mature.

Aloe Vera comes in second on the INCI label? That's impressive. And check it out; Soluble Collagen is high on the list, too!


Let's break it down.

Packaging: A rounded bottle containing 6 fl oz of product with a black pump for dispensing.

Formula: A lightweight white lotion. It contains a good amount of skin-soothing ingredients like chamomile and aloe as well as hydrating ones.

Cost/Availability: $5.99 for 6 fl oz of moisturizer. You can find this at most Trader Joe's.

Rating: ***** 5 stars out of 5. I seriously recommend this stuff. It's affordable and works beautifully!


XOXO,
Gabby

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! This must be new. I love TJ's All-In-One Facial Cleanser, it is better than the expensive stuff I waisted money on in the past. It is full of antioxidants and sulfate free! I will pick up the moisturizer tonight! It looks like Trader Joe's is now in the beauty business...serums next? Let's hope so!

Gabby said...

Thank you! I agree, Trader Joes seems to be getting into the cosmetic industry, and I couldn't be happier. The products have such great prices as well as nourishing ingredients. I'm glad you'll be picking up the moisturizer - you'll have to tell us how you like it. I'm tempted to pick up the Shea Butter Hand Cream!

Anonymous said...

Great product!!!! You know the saying "You get what you pay for?" Certainly not the case with this product. For the price I was expecting something much different. I was pleasantly surprised with the consistency and amount of moisture. Although it's labeled facial moisturizer I use it over my entire body and it is awesome. I will be trying the full line of these products. Hopefully all of them are as great as this moisturizer.