Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Almost Lipstick has siblings!

Woah. January 4th! I apologize for slacking with the posts. I've been occupied with procrastination, school, and well...laziness. But, I AM HERE NOW, posting. :D As for now, I would like to discuss the bringing back of Almost Lipstick's new shades. But before I start, I have a story:

It was late October, and I had been lusting for a Clinique bonus, which featured a sample of their Chubby Stick. With fourty dollars in hand, I wandered around the series of Clinique counters, trying to decide on my purchase. As I swatched the gold-infused strawberry shadow, I overheard an elderly woman requesting a product with a Clinique consultant.

"I would like to repurchase the Almost Lipstick in that pink shade I used to wear." she exclaimed.

Physically, I continued to swatch, but on the inside, my curiosty peaked. Pink Almost Lipstick? I had heard amazing things about the Black Honey one, but the shade wasn't exactly 'me'. A sheer, girly hue would was more up my alley.


"I'm sorry, but we discontinued all shades of the Almost Lipstick except for one: Black Honey. It suits all skin tones," he told her, "It looks good and different on every one!"




Well, that's the end. I'm not exactly sure if she ended up purchasing the Almost Lipstick, but I realize now that that event foreshadowed a launch to come.


That gloss-lipstick hybrid that flatters every one we know and love has celebrated 2012 with 7 stunning siblings: Chic Honey, Flirty Honey, Lovely Honey, Luscious Honey, Shy Honey, Spicy Honey, and Tender Honey. Wouldn't that adorable elderly woman be happy now?! I was a bit weary about purchasing Black Honey Almost Lipstick: it looked to dark for daily wear. But now, I can experience the emollient-rich formula in a more age-appropriate shade! (I'm thinking Shy or Flirty Honey?)


Black Honey's cost remains at $14.50, but the new sisters are worth an extra fifty cents.




Your thoughts? When I get one, I'll give you the verdict!




XOXO,
Gabby












No comments: