Sunday, March 25, 2012

Get Polish-Ready Nails with Borghese Rejuvenata Cuticle Oil

If it weren't for the 75% off deal, I would have never stumbled across this delightful cuticle oil. It first appeared to be an overpriced clear nail polish in RiteAid, but as I observed each and every color, I came to the realization that this was not a polish but rather an oil for cuticle-rejuvination purposes. (The name clearly did not hint to that...) Ann (not-justapretty-face.blogspot.com) and I decided to bring home little Borghese and from that moment on, my nails have changed.

While our time together has been a bit more than a day, I'm already in love. This cuticle oil absorbs with a medium time and leaves my entire nail beautiful, so I wouldn't mind leaving them naked once in a while.

The Basics:
Formula: Thin Liquid
Scent: Vanilla Almond
Cost/Availability: $8.00 for 0.4 oz
Packaging: Nail Polish Bottle w/ Nail Polish Applicator
Rating: 4.5/5 or A

Recommended Use: Brush on to cuticles and nail and massage in. Remove with soap and water or nail polish remover before applying nail laquer or let absorb and skip laquer.

Formula: This vanilla almond-scented cuticle oil is a very water-y and thin liquid infused with natural oils like Jojoba, Sweet Almond, and Sunflower for ultimate hydration. It appears to be water in the bottle but it applies like a wonderfully smooth and thin nail polish -- sans the nasty smell. It takes a bit of time to absorb depending on how much you apply, but the results are worth it. My nails look so much better and I've been using this for a day. The nail bed looks brighter and my peeling has decreased. The surface is now smooth and hydrated on the nail and the cuticle.

PROS
  • Formulated with natural ingredients
  • Available at a drugstore (RiteAid)
  • Has a subtle vanilla almond scent (more almond than vanilla) rather than a gross acetone one.
  • Gives nails a temporary shine but a permanent smoothness
  • Somehow brightens the nail bed 
  • Conditions cuticles and nails.
  • Helps with peeling to a certain degree.
  • Easy to apply 
  • Doesn't get on everything you touch.
CONS
  • It's drying time isn't as spectacular as the formula.

So..it's true love. My nails and this oil were just meant to be together. Head over to RiteAid and find your nails' soulmate.

XOXO,
Gabby

No comments: