Saturday, November 5, 2011

Clinique High Impact Mascara: Black Vs. Brightening Black

        A new take on a classic mascara meant to brighten eyes? Yep! I'm talking about Clinique's Limited Edition High Impact Mascara in Brightening Black ($14.50). I received a deluxe sample of this along with six other products in a Clinique Bonus back in August with Ann (not-justapretty-face.blogspot.com) I've been incorporating the mascara's signature hue into my beauty routine ever since. If I got a quarter for every time somebody told me that my lashes "looked blue" or that my eyes "appeared brighter", I would be rich. The best part? I'd still be rich after purchasing this mascara -- It costs so little!

The Claim: Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a look that's lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep colour only adds to the impact. Wear it once and you'll feel naked without it. Ophthalmologist Tested.


The Verdict: For me, this mascara is just average. It does a fair job at volumizing and lengthening lashes, but I've definitely seen better Clinique mascaras. However, this intense color really blew me away (in both shades!). It turned my invisible blonde lashes into long black show-stoppers.

PRICE: $14.50

PROS
  • Very pigmented
  • Somewhat volumizing
  • Somewhat lenghthening
  • Blue-Black formula makes eyes pop
CONS
  • Liquid formula, yet manages to clump a little
  • Fails to define lashes 
    See the difference?
    


















Where to buy:
RATING: *** or B

Overall, this product is barely....














Yes, there are better formulas and brushes on the market, but nothing beats the drama your get lashes with HIM Brightening Black's shade. Hurry! Experience the illuminating properties of this limited edition shade now!










No comments: